• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandson Living with Grandmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Monte Carlo

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania - My son and his family are currently living with my mother. She is on hospice care at her home. If my mother passes while he is living in her home, is he entitled to anything from her estate that is not provided for in her will? Does he have any rights to stay in the home after her death just because he was living there while she was alive. Can I force him to move out once she is gone? My son does not pay anything to live there and they do not provide any care for my mother.

violas

Hi. I'm a nurse not a lawyer. However, I think that he is not entitled to anything from her estate unless he is in her will. No he does not have the right to stay in her home after she dies. I sure feel sorry for your mother. It sounds like she is being taken advantage of by some real freeloaders. If it was my mom I would kick him and his family out right now. How is your Mom mentally? I wonder if the freeloaders have gotten her to write a new will leaving everything to them? :eek: Good luck.

Monte Carlo

Violas

Thanks for the advice. My Mom is very good mentally. I am very close to her as I only live a half mile away from her and I am there at least twice per day. I handle all her finances (with her as she still knows what she pays for), so they do not have any access to her cash or accounts. Some one from her hospice is there daily and sees and knows what is going on. My mother is very hesitant to push them out as there are two little ones involved ( 4 and 2). I have had a talk with my son, but I don't think it has done any good. They just don't get it or don't care. Thanks again for your response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">