• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbcb

What is the name of your state? Michigan
My father has been disabled for 4 1/2 yrs and my brother and I have been appointed his Power of Attys. He suffers from the lasting effects of a severe stroke as well as MS. I pay all of his bills with his savings and disablity income since his disablity began. For the past year he has been spending his money/savings which is causing great concern for both my brother and I. If he continues to spend the way he has, he will not be able to afford his mortgage let alone any medical needs that may arise with his conditions. We have tried discussing this with him yet he continues to spend as if the money will not run out. Would we be able to stop him from doing this if we were to seek guardianship?What is the name of your state?

BlondiePB

Would we be able to stop him from doing this if we were to seek guardianship?
Yes. The court will determine via exams if dad is incompetent or not. There will only be one guardian appointed.

Were you not advised by pojo regarding guardianship to speak with an attorney on the thread you deleted?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">