• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with a poa - mentally ill parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cadiacat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky (I live in Ohio)

Hi. My mom was recently taken for a mental health evaluation in the state of Ky by the police. After the inital court appearance, the judge sent her to the state (Eastern State Hospital) in Lexington Ky for upto 60 days. She really needs help because she always thinks people are out to get her. very paranoid. and is currently being evaluated for bipolar or possible schizophrenia. I dont know which because the DR wouldnt talk to me without a POA.

How do i go about getting a health warranted poa? Does having a poa mean i take financial responsibility for her too? I cannot do the latter because i am quite young although over 21. Any advice on this situation is very much appreciated.

I had no idea psychiatric hospitals were the same way now as was in One Flew Over the Cuckoos nest. It was really scary. Thanks for ANY advice..

- crystal

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">