• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much Power is POA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dipeters

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ
Recently my former husband passed away. His father is in a private nursing home. Last year he had his father change his will taking his only sibling out and giving all POA to a Cousin. He also had his father diagnosed with dementia (he does not have it) however it is wriiten on the POA. Of course I am assuming all of this as I actually have not seen a copy of it.
The Cousin is now forbidding me to see him (x Father in law) claiming the POA gives her the right to keep me away. His only living son feels he would be better off to visit with me weekly as I have been doing.
Can she really keep me away? I have done nothing, we always have fun together and we have been friends for 20 years. I am the only one that that leaves in the same state so the only one that visits which whom he feels is his family. Now he is alone and isolated.
I di not think I could be kept away withour a restaining order and you can only get that is I have harmed him in some way. I just love him like a father and vice versa.
Is there something I can do? What are my limits within the law?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">