• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Obtain Guardianship of Disabled Person?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mmalone@may

What is the name of your state? MA

I am an outreach worker for mentally ill (disabled) persons. One of my clients has reached the point where she requires her sister to become her legal guardian. Her sister has been her Rep-Payee for the past two years and has handled that responsibility excellently. Everybody involved feels it is best for my client that her sister be appointed as her guardian... except for my client. my client has severe and chronic schizophrenia, and is becoming increasingly dangerous to herself and others. She is unsafe in her home and has caused several small fires due to careless smoking habits. How do we go about obtaining guardianship without my client's permission?

BlondiePB

mmalone@may said:
What is the name of your state? MA

I am an outreach worker for mentally ill (disabled) persons. One of my clients has reached the point where she requires her sister to become her legal guardian. Her sister has been her Rep-Payee for the past two years and has handled that responsibility excellently. Everybody involved feels it is best for my client that her sister be appointed as her guardian... except for my client. my client has severe and chronic schizophrenia, and is becoming increasingly dangerous to herself and others. She is unsafe in her home and has caused several small fires due to careless smoking habits. How do we go about obtaining guardianship without my client's permission?
Why haven't you called Adult Protective Services?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">