• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How other siblings fire the Power of Attorney that is their brother?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msrlk82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama
Alabama. I am wondering how to take the Power of Attorney from one person ( ( youngest child) and give it to another or just let the poor grandmother and mother of seven living children have control over her own funds. My grandmother gave the power of Attorney to her youngest son. He has not been taking care of her properly and has been wrote up...(with elderly neglect )by a state of Alabama social worker. I was wondering how we could take this power of attorney from him and make sure that he is not spending her money...and that she gets the proper care.

justalayman

Um, grandma can rescind the POA at any time. As long as she is mentally competent, it is her choice and if she chooses to leave the current person as having the POA, it is her decision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">