• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to resign durable POA and health care POA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wobblerlorri

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I'm named as the agent on my ex-husband's durable POA and his health care POA. I want to resign both of those. Is there a particular wording I have to follow in order to do so? Do I have to file the resignation with the clerk of the court in my county? I had to file the durable POA with the county, but not the health care POA.

My son is named as the successor if I resign -- he wants to resign as well. Can I mail him the appropriate letter for his signature, then file it along with mine?

Once we resign, assuming we need a form to do so, do we then send the originals of the resignation to my ex?

We want to cut off all contact with my ex-husband, and want out of this obligation.

Thank you.

Last edited:

wobblerlorri

It's really that easy? I would have thought, since the durable POA was filed with the county, I'd have to file a resignation too.

Thanks!

anteater

It's really that easy? I would have thought, since the durable POA was filed with the county, I'd have to file a resignation too.

Thanks!
I don't know Georgia - and don't feel like researching at this hour. But I don't know a state that requires filing a POA except if a real estate transaction is being undertaken.

If you want to be safe, ask the folks at the county office where it was filed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">