• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kyle6464

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Hey guys whats up i have a little problem here. I have lived with my grandparents all my life and my grandmother is desesed and my grandpa is in the nursing home and has the beginnings of ahlztimers. Somehow my mother got power of attorney but my real question is that he willed his house and estate to me and i was just wondering if it is possible for the power of attorney to put the house in my name while he is still alive so the nursing home wont take it away. I have heard things like it can be done if he has 3 yrs nursing home money in his acount or i have heard that he could "sell" it to me for like a dollar im not really sure what to think. I have gone to 2 different lawyers and they both told me different things. And i was also wondering if power of attorney is still in affect after my grandfather passes away. My mother said she got the house in my grandpas name and in mine but im just wondering if she can come back and assume me for 50% of the house since it is in both our names. If i could get some help it would be greatly appreciated sorry for the sloppy writing im in a hu7rry!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">