• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Iam second as Poa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colors2

What is the name of your state? Mass.

I am listed as the second power of attorney for my mother. My brother is the first one. We
have a family problem whereby my brother tried to kill himself and he is now in a hosptial.
DSS would not allow him back to his house as my niece resides at his house with her mother. My mother also lived with them and she was sent to a nursing home now. I could not get their place in time to do any official duties and it happened so fast anyways. I was
not notified where my mother was also. What can i do now if any to help mu mother?

pojo2

colors2 said:
What can i do now if any to help mu mother?

In what way? Remove her from the Nursing Home, cash checks for her benefit? Tell us what you are trying to do and perhaps we can tell you how to accomplish it.

Is your mother still of sound mind?

Dandy Don

Talk to a family law attorney to find out whether you need to file guardianship or conservatorship for your mother, which would put you in financial control.

Talk to brother to get the financial details about where your mother's assets are (checking account, savings accounts, etc.) so you can take over if he is not well enough to do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">