• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Involuntary manslaughter and alzheimer's?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

violas

What is the name of your state? Washington
My mother has alzheimer's. I am her POA. :mad: My brother doesn't want to come and pick up his power saw from Mom's garage. :mad: If Mom would cut herself on it and bleed to death could I be held liable? How do I get my selfish, self-centered brother to come and get his stuff? Thanks

rmet4nzkx

Inform him you are having a garage sale in writing CRRR and that he needs to come and retrieve any abandoned items. Then have a sale and use the proceeds to benefit mom. In the mean time put it out of her reach.

nextwife

If you are concerned about anything in her environment that may be a hazard, why not just relocate it? Take it over to your place, where she can't get hurt by it. Put it on EBay! Or Craigs List.

ellencee

You can't sell someone else's property and you can't be an effective guardian or POA if you are a wimp or using such as a weapon to attempt to control others.
Take the power saw to your brother or take the damn thing apart and render it harmless. Pack it away in a sealed box.
Geez..I hate to think what's going to happen when Mom has a real problem that needs addressing.
EC

violas

Thanks rmet4nzkx and nextwife. ellencee-I have taken very good care of my mother at home for 3 plus years now.

violas

rmet4nzkx said:
So what are you going to do about the situation?
My brother is going to take the stuff he wants and put it out in the shed in the back yard with a big padlock on it.

ellencee

violas said:
Thanks rmet4nzkx and nextwife. ellencee-I have taken very good care of my mother at home for 3 plus years now.
So don't spaz out now. If you need brother to provide you with recognition and time off from caring for mom, tell him; don't ask him.
EC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">