• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jeb

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JEB

What is the name of your state? New York

Almost two years ago my Dad had to enter a Nursing Home in the Bronx. Initially Medicare picked up all the Medical Bills at the Facility. After twenty days Medicaid would assume the financial responsibility. When Dad first entered the Facility he had not yet qualified for Medicaid but the facility's response was that the Family didn't have to worry about the financials as Dad could be admitted with Medicaid pending. Eventually a monthly amount was given to my brother ( he was Power of Attorney & lived in New York) to pay. He was paying this amount for close to a year when the Nursing Home states the amount being paid is incorrect & want retroactively the amount that they feel should have been paid during this time frame. (29,000 dollars approx.) Should the family have to bare this hardship when in reality we were given misinformation & a miscalculation by the Facility. Was it not negligence on their behalf? Budgets were set by my brother & the money is not available.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">