• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Power Of Attorney For Grandparents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmarksberry

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My grandfather is in the hospital and he is 90 years old. He lived at home with his wife and she is unable to take care of him. He does not have a medical power of attorney. He has 5 children and two of them live out of state. None of his children want the responsibility of being his medical power of attorney. His wife is not capable of doing this as well. I spend alot of time with my grandfather and I only want what is best for him. His children do not want me to be his medical power of attorney. He listens to me and trusts me. His daughter in law is trying to get him to sign it over to her. Is there anything legally I can do to stop this?

anteater

Is there anything legally I can do to stop this?
If your grandfather is legally competent, it is his decision.

(Don't understand why a daughter-in-law is all fired up to have a medical POA.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">