• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Miscarriage of Justice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tedster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I've written on here about the same case a few times over the past two years. Here's the latest. The Office of Aging in PA county had petitioned for my mother to be given a state-appointed guardian due to the obvious fraud and financial elder abuse perpetrated by three of my siblings. Social services and the DA were all gung-ho and supportive....until they weren't. The case was quickly withdrawn and the only lawyer answering my questions gave the most absurd comments as to why the case was dropped. I won't go into details, and I won't give the comment given by our hired lawyer. It's all anonymous here, but, in short, there's some funny business going on.
If I must, I will provide details and let you be the judge of the enormity of the absurdity, but, the question is: Where do I go from here? Do I contact local media, national media, state attorney general? Who else? I mean to hit up every interested and half-interested attorney and/or agency who can actually do something about this.

GaAtty

GaAtty

You need an attorney on this, and you will have to pay one. This is not something that any attorney will do without charge. This is a common type of case for attorneys who do estate litigation and elder law, so contact someone who does that. Never contact media when you are contemplating hiring an attorney. No attorney will want you to have made statements to the media prior to their taking the case.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You need an attorney on this, and you will have to pay one. This is not something that any attorney will do without charge. This is a common type of case for attorneys who do estate litigation and elder law, so contact someone who does that. Never contact media when you are contemplating hiring an attorney. No attorney will want you to have made statements to the media prior to their taking the case.
Did you happen to READ the OP? ;)

They have a "hired attorney"

...I won't give the comment given by our hired lawyer.

tedster

The lawyers who "represented" my mother do not deign to respond to our lawyer's phone calls or emails.
I wrote to the state attorney of PA's office and was told to write to the Office of Aging in Harrisburg. No response from the latter.
I did send both the state attorney and the Office of Aging all the documentation and gave them the numbers of witnesses to call.
My mother's friends call my siblings to find out where my mother is and how she is doing, but my evil siblings do not respond.
So, there you have it. So far, evil wins, and I do not understand the world we live in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">