• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

misuse of a Power of Attorney, help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Teruquita

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I am interested in hiring a lawyer but I am not sure which type of lawyer I need, let me give you an overview of my situation. Two years ago, I had to travel overseas to take care of my elderly mother, so I gave a Power of Attorney to my brother so he could take care of my business affairs. However, he closed my bank accounts with the use of the Power of Attorney and deposited the money into his own accounts. Now that I am back, he refuses to return the money to me. The total is around $220,000, so what type of lawyer do I need?

anteater

Most attorneys should be able to handle this. But, if you want to narrow it down, check for those that have experience in probate and/or elder law issues. Those firms would likely have the most experience with Power of Attorney matters. Ask how much litigation they've done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">