• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom has Alzheimers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stilen621

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon, I have been taking care of my mother who has had alzheimers for the last 2 1/2 years and has been living with me full time. Both her neurologist and personal doctor says she lacks the capacity to remember past 5 minutes. I also have POA both financially and medically and this was working fine untill I was in the hospital a couple weeks ago for 5 days, in the mean time my brother had her moved to North Carolina by trickery( long story) without me even knowing it and had her change the POA`s into his name. The forms he used look like they were downloaded off the internet so their very hard to read. Is this legal for him to do even though he knows she lacks the mental capacity make such decisions. My mom at one point last year wanted to remove him from the will but my lawyer would not do it because of the neurology report. I spoke to a rep at the alzheimers foundation and state services here in Oregon and they say his POA should be null and void ? I am planning on talking to my lawyer on Monday because he was out last Friday, any suggestions anyone ?
Thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">