• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nursing home bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yngmalm

What is the name of your state? NJ
My grandmother went into a nursing home 9 months ago I applied for medicaid and she was approved but they only paid for 4 months I needed medicaid to pay six months, am I liable for the 2 remaining months. They only paid november till now they did not pay for sept or oct because she still had more than the $2000.00 in her bank account in oct. But the money she had in her account in oct was only enough to pay for July and august.

BlondiePB

yngmalm said:
What is the name of your state? NJ
My grandmother went into a nursing home 9 months ago I applied for medicaid and she was approved but they only paid for 4 months I needed medicaid to pay six months, am I liable for the 2 remaining months. They only paid november till now they did not pay for sept or oct because she still had more than the $2000.00 in her bank account in oct. But the money she had in her account in oct was only enough to pay for July and august.
Did you sign the contract making yourself the guarantor?

pojo2

The nursing home should have a social worker that can help you handle these issues. But you have to talk to them not just sit back and fret.

In addition you should have been given ways to spend down the money in the account to get things she really needed (glasses, dentures, etc.) in order to facilitate the medicaid payments.

PLEASE do not think I am saying people should be able to hide assets so the taxpayers of ones state has to food the bills but in this case you are not trying to hide tens of thousands of dollars or even the 2K in this instance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">