• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nursing home-Perminate Address?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gbarb1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
My Mom has been in a nursing home since March. We are doing a financial "power of attorney". Her home where she lived for 60 years is in mine and my brothers name. Do we list the nursing home or the family home as her address on the power of attorney documents?:confused:

Farfalla

Where does she receive her mail? Her bills? Her bank statements, etc?

When we went through this with my mom, one of my sisters had a POA from my mom. My sister's address was used as my mother's permanent address.

I would be afraid of her mail getting lost at the nursing home. My mom was in an extremely good nursing home and half of her things were stollen... all of her good cloths were stolen, etc. So there is no way I'd every trust a nursing home for handing mail, etc.

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
My Mom has been in a nursing home since March. We are doing a financial "power of attorney". Her home where she lived for 60 years is in mine and my brothers name. Do we list the nursing home or the family home as her address on the power of attorney documents?:confused:
An address is not necessary for the document.

BlondiePB

Where does she receive her mail? Her bills? Her bank statements, etc?

When we went through this with my mom, one of my sisters had a POA from my mom. My sister's address was used as my mother's permanent address.

I would be afraid of her mail getting lost at the nursing home. My mom was in an extremely good nursing home and half of her things were stollen... all of her good cloths were stolen, etc. So there is no way I'd every trust a nursing home for handing mail, etc.
Since when do POA documents require an address?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">