• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

partner/caregiver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

geriberi2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas, but this is occuring in california

My father had a women he lived with for the last 15 years. He has always said, my money is mine and her money is hers. Her assets total more then 1 million. She has told us more times than i can cound that "your dad is leaving all his money to you, he doesnt want to spend any of it" My dad was very frugal. 5 years ago he began to have health problems including increasing confusion and dementia. She was his caregiver along with her daughter who is a nurse. The last 2 years of his life his confusion increased. He had a bank account (200,000) that he opened in 1975 that he put her name on so she could pay his medical bills. He passed away this last Dec. While arranging for his funeral (which she paid for out of their joint account) she said in front of my siblings and I, her daughter, and the funeral director "this is your dads money" She never added anything to this account. His will was made out 10 years ago, with no mention of her. Needless to say, she emptied out the account that he put her name on for his care. What can we do? Our attorney is deposing her in 2 weeks. My dad was 82 when he died, and she is 86. There is so much more I could say. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Geriberi

anteater

What can we do? Our attorney is deposing her in 2 weeks.
Seriously... You have an attorney. The attorney is taking legal action and deposing this person. What is it that you think that a bunch of strangers on an internet forum can add?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">