• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Administrator or Guardian

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Galithriel

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am a married only child in my middle fifties. If my husband predeceases me, I will need someone to step in and make healthcare and/or liviing will decisions for me if I am unable to make these decisions for myself. I don't have anyone in the next generation who will help me. How do I find such a person, foundation or organization? Where do I look? I have no idea where to begin. Thanks. Galith

Last edited:

BlondiePB

Galithriel said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I am a married only child in my middle fifties. If my husband predeceases me, I will need someone to step in and make healthcare and/or liviing will decisions for me if I am unable to make these decisions for myself. I don't have anyone in the next generation who will help me. How do I find such a person, foundation or organization? Where do I look? I have no idea where to begin. Thanks. Galith
A health care surrogate/proxy does not have to be a family member. You can nominate a friend. A good advanced heath care directive (like a living will) has an alternate person(s) nominated (medical POA) to make decisions in the event that the one you first nominate is not available with the power to take over when he/she can/is available.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">