• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help! POA abuse, Grandparents and Great Aunt almost broke because of it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KGBear

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Hello, my aunt has POA of my Grandparents and Great Aunts Estates, they are all living. My aunt, my grandparents oldest daughter has POA and we just found out that she is stealing from my grandparents and aunt. She cashed a $60,000 cd this past week and just left for a vacation with her husband, the 4th vacation this year. They made a large donation to their church and have purchased jewelry as well. My mom is looking in to a trust that my late great aunt gave to my grandparents that paid for their current home, to see what the status of that is. My great aunt now has only about $10,000 left in her bank accounts and is devestated that her niece stole from her. We are finding out new information daily. My grandfather closed some accounts and took my aunt off as POA, but we are afraid we may not be able to pay for their care. Please Help! We are willing to take action against my aunt, but are unsure of what to do and what we can do. Any advice and information is greatly appreciaed.

Dandy Don

You need an attorney who is experienced in family law/elder financial abuse to see if your state has laws on the books against abuse of POA. Look in your yellow pages to find such an attorney or contact your local bar association for a referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">