• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozmayne

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My name is Rosalind Mayne. I am currently caring for my 93 year old Mother. My mom moved here in March of 07. Prior to the move my Mom resided in Long Island N.Y. My older brother had POA over my Mom when she was in Long Island. My Mother's Mother has a will that stated my older brother would be given the home in L.I., N.Y. but not until my Mom could no longer pay for the taxes & up-keep. My brother used my Mom's money to do home improvements on the home. None of the improvements benefited my Mom. After he spent down her money he was going to put her in a nursing home. This was not my Mother's wishes. My brother also gave out bequeathes to his 2 adult children & to his wife;s 2 adult children. Please note that my Mom is still alive. I need to know if this is legal?
I filed for a POA over my Mom here in AZ. and I should have it this week. I need advice as to whether or not I have a case regarding my brother's actions. Please help me. Sincerely, Rosalind Mayne [email protected]What is the name of your state? Arizona

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My name is Rosalind Mayne. I am currently caring for my 93 year old Mother. My mom moved here in March of 07. Prior to the move my Mom resided in Long Island N.Y. My older brother had POA over my Mom when she was in Long Island. My Mother's Mother has a will that stated my older brother would be given the home in L.I., N.Y. but not until my Mom could no longer pay for the taxes & up-keep. My brother used my Mom's money to do home improvements on the home. None of the improvements benefited my Mom. After he spent down her money he was going to put her in a nursing home. This was not my Mother's wishes. My brother also gave out bequeathes to his 2 adult children & to his wife;s 2 adult children. Please note that my Mom is still alive. I need to know if this is legal?
I filed for a POA over my Mom here in AZ. and I should have it this week. I need advice as to whether or not I have a case regarding my brother's actions. Please help me. Sincerely, Rosalind Mayne [email protected]What is the name of your state? Arizona
1. Is your mother competent (without dementia)?

2. Do you have a copy of the POA document where mom granted POA to your brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">