• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

poa abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fedann

What is the name of your state? upstate NY
My brother became POA over Moms bank account after Dad passed away. I was living out of the state at that time so thats why he was chose. I recently moved back and believe that my brother is using the money for himself since he had filed bankruptcy, lives with Mom and refuses to get a job. Mom has the late moderate states of altzheimers. She thinks the world of him since he lives there and cares for her. I have asked my brother to see banks statements and he said get a lawyer. I have been trying to get ahold of a lawyer, but have had no luck with return calls. I think I should seek guardianship of Moms affairs and possibly discuss poa abuse with the lawyer. I feel I am more responsible and thats why I am named executor of the will. If I seek guardianship can he still take money out as he pleases? How long could this whole court process take? THANKS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">