• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poa Changed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MJRKIDS

What is the name of your state?
MISSOURI
My wife was set up as the Power of Attorney for her father around ten years ago,
Six years ago there was family problems with my wifes and the siblings where none of
them talk anymore. We just found out, that here brother took her father and changed
the POA to him, I really don't think that the father is in sound mind and could get
a doctor to say so. My questions are, could we go after the attorney that change
the POA over to my wife's brother? Can we contest the will once he's gone if we have
to? How would we know if the brother didn't cut my wife out of the will completly?
I should of from the start told you that, the family had nothing to do with the father
till he became deathly sick and found out that he had alot of money, the brother
wanted to take over from there and pushed my wife out the way. Where dealing
with a greedy, sick family.

seniorjudge

Q: My questions are, could we go after the attorney that change the POA over to my wife's brother?

A: No; not unless you have facts you didn't post here.

Q: Can we contest the will once he's gone if we have to?

A: Yes; will contests are extremely hard to win. If you've got problems, now is the time to settle them, not after the old man passes. Hire a lawyer.

Q: How would we know if the brother didn't cut my wife out of the will completly?

A: Ask the brother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">