• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poa crisis!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gsxr6man

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

My step father put me down as his guardian when he went in for surgery. It went well, but then there were complication when a blood clot killed some intestines and he went septic. He has been incapacitated for about 4 weeks now, and his bills are coming due. Most of the places say I need a poa to pay them, and I definately need one to use his money to do so. What is the fastest way to get this done with an incapacitated STEP father. His brother and aunt (only family he has left) has not yet come to see him. Will I have trouble there? He selected me as his guardian, does that give me some weight when I go to get a poa? I need to do this fast so this doesnt go to collection, but he will either be paying this himself in 60 days, or he will be dead... So I want them all taken care of and up to date either way. Please help

J

Dandy Don

Talk to a family law attorney to get the best opinion about how to proceed. If you know where the man has bank accounts, check with the bank to see how his account is set up--is it in his name only or is there a joint account owner who could access the funds?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">