• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POA-limits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momoftwo01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Grandmother was living with mother for 2 years-(beginning stage of Alzheimers) mother gets sick with brain tumors- goes in the hospital. Uncle takes grandmother to "stay " with him until mom recovers from surgery (3 wks).Mom gets out of hospital, and apparently uncle had POA and had placed grandmother in home in PA.I had contacted uncle several times during the 3 week period-nothing was ever said to me regarding so.

Uncle sold grandmothers house and will not allow mother & the rest of the family to visit her in the home. I do speak to the nurses only limited info , I receive.
Now apparently grandmother has fallen at the home & is now in the hospital with a broken hip. Again I can only receive limited info. from nurses.
Before mother got sick, uncle NEVER had contacted with grandmother- was too busy.

Mother is getting worse & wants to see grandmother desperately, as well as I do.
Is there something I can do?

BlondiePB

Ark-dar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Grandmother was living with mother for 2 years-(beginning stage of Alzheimers) mother gets sick with brain tumors- goes in the hospital. Uncle takes grandmother to "stay " with him until mom recovers from surgery (3 wks).Mom gets out of hospital, and apparently uncle had POA and had placed grandmother in home in PA.I had contacted uncle several times during the 3 week period-nothing was ever said to me regarding so.

Uncle sold grandmothers house and will not allow mother & the rest of the family to visit her in the home. I do speak to the nurses only limited info , I receive.
Now apparently grandmother has fallen at the home & is now in the hospital with a broken hip. Again I can only receive limited info. from nurses.
Before mother got sick, uncle NEVER had contacted with grandmother- was too busy.

Mother is getting worse & wants to see grandmother desperately, as well as I do.
Is there something I can do?
WOW....your mother's been resurrected from the dead! :eek:

06-01-2008, 01:39 PM
momoftwo01
Junior Member Join Date: Jun 2008

POA-trying to evict

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Jersey

I am the POA of my mothers estate and I am trying to evict a sibiling out of my mothers house. The plan was agreed upon with my sibling that he would move out- this way we can use the house as additional income which woud be split among us. We bot had agreed on a specific date that he would be out, however that was 2 months ago and still nothing. Now things a tense between us. Any ideas on how to proceed?? My sibling can not afford the house if he chose to stay. I am paying for the mortage out of the estate money however, that is dwindling. Need some advice on how to proceed.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/elder-law-powers-attorney-living-wills-advance-health-care-directives-115/poa-trying-evict-412429.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">