• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POA, real estate donation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisa982

I live in Louisiana. My mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's May 20, 2005, but se had been sick for awhile. My sister, who lives in Mississippi wasted no time in talking mom into giving her POA (she told mom I would put her in a nursing home) and getting mom to donate her 3 lots in Mississippi and also her property (about 1 acre) with her house to her. I spoke with mom's neuro and he said she was not able to comprehend her actions of giving away all of her property to sister. My sister has also taken everything out of mom's house and put some of it in storage and the rest in her (sis) house. My brother in law also was the wittness to these donations. Do I have elgal recourse?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">