• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POA ?`s and what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stilen621

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I have/had POA for my mom who was diagnosed by 2 doctors, one was a neurologist,one her attending physician. last year 07" the neurologists said mom was incompetent to make legal and financial decisions because of her degree of impairment, her doctor says basically the same, and its documented. My brother who knew this took her and had a new POA done. Everyone says its no good because of her condition except the lawyer who drew it up and my brother who is using it. My brother will not tell me where she is so I cant find a lawyer in that state to fight this.The ones I`ve spoken to say it`s no problem to fix but without knowing where she is they dont know what laws apply. DHS has done nothing to help , they actually make me feel like the bad guy.I have also called the sheriffs dept where he lives and they also wont do anything, I also have a court order stating she is to live with me. I am at wits end with this thing, any ideas ?

I should also add that the guy from DHS told me that I should have filed for a conservatorship, but at the time I did not feel it was needed as everything was fine then.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">