• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POA Signature

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SATKINS

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

What is the correct legal way to sign a document as a POA for my parents?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BlondiePB

How so?

(I hope that was written "respectfully.") :D
You have such a tone of.....writ. ;)

About a brazillian posts ago, I did post the info. I don't anymore. First thing learned by me upon becoming a fidicuary for others was how to exactly sign documents so that I would not inadvertently make myself the guarantor.

seniorjudge

Elder Law
How Does An Agent On A Power Of Attorney Sign?
Sharon Kovacs Gruer

Q. I am my mother's Power of Attorney. What is the proper way to sign papers for her using my POA?

-- Anonymous

A. When you sign on behalf of your mother, using the power of attorney, you want to make sure that people understand that you are an agent acting on behalf of a known principal. Therefore, you should sign as follows: your mother's name, by your name, as agent under a durable power of attorney dated xx".

-- Sharon Kovacs Gruer

http://www.lawyers.com/ask_a_lawyer/q_and_a_archive/show_question/index.php?QID=5917&specialty=0&keywords=&site=537

BlondiePB

Elder Law
How Does An Agent On A Power Of Attorney Sign?
Sharon Kovacs Gruer

Q. I am my mother's Power of Attorney. What is the proper way to sign papers for her using my POA?

-- Anonymous

A. When you sign on behalf of your mother, using the power of attorney, you want to make sure that people understand that you are an agent acting on behalf of a known principal. Therefore, you should sign as follows: your mother's name, by your name, as agent under a durable power of attorney dated xx".

-- Sharon Kovacs Gruer

Elder Law - How Does An Agent On A Power Of Attorney Sign? Q&A Archive on Lawyers.com
That I, respectively, agree to and like SJ. My guardian attorney advised me differently for my wards, and even when signing for POA & Trustee for mom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">