• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

power of attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Seniorcare

California
I am starting a business of assisting the elderly with all of their needs. Much of what I do will be bill paying. I want to know if a pre-made legal form for POA is enough to protect me, should a problem arise. It would be used for access to their banking, social security checks(possible become their payee).I am bonded. Is this something that I need a lawyer to actually right up, each time I am designated as power of attorney?.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Seniorcare said:
California
I am starting a business as assisting the elderly with all of thier needs. Much of what I do will be bill paying. I want to know if a pre-made legal form for POA is enough to protect me should a problem arise. It would be use for access to their banking, social security checks(possible become their payee).Is this something that I need a lawyer to actually right up, each time I am designated as power of attorney?.
What amount is your bond?

seniorjudge

Seniorcare said:
$10,000 at this time.
I would increase that to one million minimum.

I would also go to a lawyer and have him draw up a "standard" durable power of attorney for healthcare purposes and also one for financial purposes.

Also, check with the California state bar; some bars have standard durable POAs for free.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">