+ Reply to Thread
    Forest Hill is offline Junior Member

Power of Attorney

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

While living in Georgia my Mother had a General Power of Attorney drawn up and executed to myself and my husband. We recently moved to Louisiana. Will this General
    Power of attorney be applicable in Louisiana. We all three, Mother, daughter and son in law have all moved to Louisiana and live within the same household.
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Hill
    What is the name of your state? Louisiana

While living in Georgia my Mother had a General Power of Attorney drawn up and executed to myself and my husband. We recently moved to Louisiana. Will this General
    Power of attorney be applicable in Louisiana. We all three, Mother, daughter and son in law have all moved to Louisiana and live within the same household.
    If ma is still competent, have a Louisiana POA drawn up by a Louisiana attorney, just to be on the safe side.

If mas is not competent, hire a Louisiana attorney to look at the Georgia POA and see if it is good.
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.