• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Forest Hill

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

While living in Georgia my Mother had a General Power of Attorney drawn up and executed to myself and my husband. We recently moved to Louisiana. Will this General
Power of attorney be applicable in Louisiana. We all three, Mother, daughter and son in law have all moved to Louisiana and live within the same household.

seniorjudge

Forest Hill said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

While living in Georgia my Mother had a General Power of Attorney drawn up and executed to myself and my husband. We recently moved to Louisiana. Will this General
Power of attorney be applicable in Louisiana. We all three, Mother, daughter and son in law have all moved to Louisiana and live within the same household.
If ma is still competent, have a Louisiana POA drawn up by a Louisiana attorney, just to be on the safe side.

If mas is not competent, hire a Louisiana attorney to look at the Georgia POA and see if it is good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">