• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

power of attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashleygirl

What is the name of your state? California

My grandmother wrote a letter back in October of 2000 stating that she is giving power of attorney to her two living daughters. The letter also contains information pertaining to her personal possesions (small items). The letter is signed by my grandmother but was not notorized. Since this letter was written she has become ill and is now in a retirement home. Her two daughters are now trying to have the letter that she wrote notorized. Can this be done? My grandmother is not able to understand what she wrote at the time of this letter. She had a stroke and is not of sound mind. Also, does the power of attorney need to be done on the appropriate legal form and notorized? Can this still be done since my grandmother does not understand?

Thanks,
L. Marrujo

Dandy Don

They won't be able to get it notarized now since the notary has to witness the signing.

What is your specific concern about this matter? If there is no will then her surviving children (if there is no spouse) get everything anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">