• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maddiemoo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN
My sister has POA for my mother and father. Adult Protection Vulnerable Adult Services have been called on the behalf of my father with concerns regarding medical neglect. 24/7 care is being required for my father which my mother and sister refuse. My sister requested that no one talk to me about my father. I am a Nurse Practitioner. The Social Worker, Nurse Manager and Nurse Practitioner of the Post Acute Care Unit my father was in (he is now home) felt my father's wishes of wanting both his daughters involved in his care overshadowed my sister's POA. My sister has been bankrupt in the past, taken money from my parents and has just been fired from her job. She feels they are being discriminated against and what the Care Center is doing is illegal. Is she able to use her POA in this manner?

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN
My sister has POA for my mother and father. Adult Protection Vulnerable Adult Services have been called on the behalf of my father with concerns regarding medical neglect. 24/7 care is being required for my father which my mother and sister refuse.
What were the findings of Adult Protective Services?
My sister requested that no one talk to me about my father. I am a Nurse Practitioner. The
Social Worker, Nurse Manager and Nurse Practitioner of the Post Acute Care Unit my father was in (he is now home) felt my father's wishes of wanting both his daughters involved in his care overshadowed my sister's POA.
As long as dad is competent, this is correct. Is dad competent? Is mom competent?
My sister has been bankrupt in the past, taken money from my parents and has just been fired from her job. She feels they are being discriminated against and what the Care Center is doing is illegal. Is she able to use her POA in this manner
Please explain:

Discriminated how?

What illegal action by the Care Center?

Use POA in what manner?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">