• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney for an inmate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momwithason

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My son is incarcerated and I e-filed his taxes for him, after obtaining a note from him by mail giving me permission to do so. I just read here that that wasn't really a legal permission, but oh well, it is done now. However, when his money comes, I want to be able to deposit it into a savings account so that it can accrue interest while he is incarcerated. How would I go about helping him to give me power of attorney for his federal income tax so that I can open an account for him, or at least deposit his check into a savings account that I open? It's not that much money, but it is still his and I would like him to have it, and whatever little interest it can accrue when he comes out. The power of attorney would be for that one transaction. He doesn't have anything else that I would need it for. Thank you for your assistance.

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My son is incarcerated and I e-filed his taxes for him, after obtaining a note from him by mail giving me permission to do so. I just read here that that wasn't really a legal permission, but oh well, it is done now. However, when his money comes, I want to be able to deposit it into a savings account so that it can accrue interest while he is incarcerated. How would I go about helping him to give me power of attorney for his federal income tax so that I can open an account for him, or at least deposit his check into a savings account that I open? It's not that much money, but it is still his and I would like him to have it, and whatever little interest it can accrue when he comes out. The power of attorney would be for that one transaction. He doesn't have anything else that I would need it for. Thank you for your assistance.
The only person that can grant you durable POA to take care of your son's financial matters is he, your incarcerated son, himself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">