• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney for Mentally Disabled Adult

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

panzer1

What is the name of your state? Texas
I have a question about POA's.
Say you have a 19 Yo son who was born premature and is on the level of about 13-14 and is Bi-Polar and has Intermittent Explosive Rage Disorder and he tried to attack his parents with a knife and then take his own life. they would like to get a POA in order to get him into a long term care center to help him with his anger issues and get him leveled out. he has been in a psychiatric clinic for the last week since this episode. Any info would be great.:confused:

dmode101

What is the name of your state? Texas
I have a question about POA's.
Say you have a 19 Yo son who was born premature and is on the level of about 13-14 and is Bi-Polar and has Intermittent Explosive Rage Disorder and he tried to attack his parents with a knife and then take his own life. they would like to get a POA in order to get him into a long term care center to help him with his anger issues and get him leveled out. he has been in a psychiatric clinic for the last week since this episode. Any info would be great.:confused:
Contact a local probate or elder law attorney about having him declared a disabled adult and being appointed as his legal guardian.

BlondiePB

Contact a local probate or elder law attorney about having him declared a disabled adult and being appointed as his legal guardian.
dmode101, when a person such as what the OP described has been in psychiatric care, the administrators do require that a competent relative (which OP stated there so is) or other competent person take charge and assist with all the paperwork required by the court.

This is just another one of those fake posts with which the forum is inundated by Arkie et. al. That's why I didn't reply & am presuming others not replying either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">