• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

power of attorney in north carolina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soninthearmy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina My husband and I deeded two pieces of property to my son with a life estate clause several years ago. We may want to sell these in the near future which is ok with my son, but he is leaving for Germany next week. He wants to give me (mom) or his sister a power of attorney to do business for him while he is away. Should he make a power of attorney for the real estate in his sisters name since I am a party to that transaction and get a general or durable power of attorney made to me for the other matters that need to be taken care of? Please also advise which power of attorneys would be best in this situation and if you think they would be contested. I have studied some different forms including general, durable, real estate and a short form. Please advise, we need to take care of this matter within the next few days during his visit before he leaves on his tour of duty next week. Thanks!!!

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina My husband and I deeded two pieces of property to my son with a life estate clause several years ago. We may want to sell these in the near future which is ok with my son, but he is leaving for Germany next week. He wants to give me (mom) or his sister a power of attorney to do business for him while he is away. Should he make a power of attorney for the real estate in his sisters name since I am a party to that transaction and get a general or durable power of attorney made to me for the other matters that need to be taken care of? Please also advise which power of attorneys would be best in this situation and if you think they would be contested. I have studied some different forms including general, durable, real estate and a short form. Please advise, we need to take care of this matter within the next few days during his visit before he leaves on his tour of duty next week. Thanks!!!
Please go see an attorney and get this done correctly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">