• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney (Puerto Rico) siblings who disagree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverwolf38401

What is the name of your state? TN.

A few years back my parents passed away. I currently live in TN, I have been asked to provide a Power of Attorney to my brother who lives in Puerto Rico. My parents left behind a home and some property. My brother (the one who I will grant Power of Attorney too) and I have different views in regards to the house. I want to sell while he doesn't. Would giving him Power of Attorney be a problem since I want to sell the house and he doesn't? I don't want to give up my rights in regards to my share of the house.

Silverwolf38401

I don't plan on going to PR, my brother lives there so according to the lawyer giving him Power of Attorney would make it easier (in regards to the sale of the land) if he just represents me.

lwpat

The attorney can mail you the papers to sign. I can't think of any good reason he needs a POA which is why I asked the question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">