• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney - seek,hire,fire legal representation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brett1983

Florida/Alabama

A close friend from home has been incarcerated (Alabama) and has sought my help in finding legal representation. We need a power of attorney that will grant me (Florida) the ability to seek, hire, and fire legal representation (attorneys keep turning me away because of solicitation) and obtain any documents on his behalf for his case. Would I use an Alabama or Florida POA, and how would I word that in the powers granted?

Thank you

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Florida/Alabama

A close friend from home has been incarcerated (Alabama) and has sought my help in finding legal representation. We need a power of attorney that will grant me (Florida) the ability to seek, hire, and fire legal representation (attorneys keep turning me away because of solicitation) and obtain any documents on his behalf for his case. Would I use an Alabama or Florida POA, and how would I word that in the powers granted?

Thank you
Your friend needs an attorney in Alabama. I'd suggest you give him a list of phone numbers of criminal attorneys that are local to the jail. :cool:

TigerD

Florida/Alabama

Thank you
That isn't going to happen. You can help him find an attorney. You can pay for the attorney. You will never have the right or ability to fire his attorney.

TD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">