• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property and nursing home care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shah

What is the name of your state? New York State

...not sure if this is the appropriate forum..

If an elderly couple own a house and they need to go into a nursing home will the nursing home "take" their house from them?

BlondiePB

If an elderly couple own a house and they need to go into a nursing home will the nursing home "take" their house from them?
If they sign their house over to them, yes. Do they expect the taxpayers to pay for this when they have assests to do so?

Shah

"Do they expect taxpayers....."
......well for you to assume so, it may be you projecting yourself on them. Where in my question does it imply that they expect taxpayers to pay for their nursing home care, IF they need nursing home care. And after all, they too are taxpayers, aren't they!

BlondiePB said:
If they sign their house over to them, yes. Do they expect the taxpayers to pay for this when they have assests to do so?

BlondiePB

Shah said:
"Do they expect taxpayers....."
......well for you to assume so, it may be you projecting yourself on them. Where in my question does it imply that they expect taxpayers to pay for their nursing home care, IF they need nursing home care. And after all, they too are taxpayers, aren't they!
Nope. People who have the money to pay for nursing home care or purchase insurance for nursing home care don't have to worry about a nursing home putting a lien on their home and/or transfer assests to have Medicaid pay for the care (i.e. taxpayers).

BTW, how'd everything work out with your nephew?

Last edited:

Shah

BlondiePB said:
Nope. People who have the money to pay for nursing home care or purchase insurance for nursing home care don't have to worry about a nursing home putting a lien on their home and/or transfer assests to have Medicaid pay for the care (i.e. taxpayers).

BTW, how'd everything work out with your nephew?
How nice that you remembered my nephew/GodSon, thank you. We took the father to Family court. Had to pull him into court to find out where my nephew was left. The sheriff served him the papers or tried to serve him at his place of employment, he was arrested for cursing at the sheriff and harrassment. The Sheriff brought him down to their sheriff's office where he was served the papers. He lost his job and ran off to "his country" a few days before the hearing date. He had an attorney represent him. The judge was very angry for ditching the court case three times even though we couldn't sue for visitation until he showed his face, by pulling him into court he was forced to let us have contact with little one, basically out of fear of the courts and that we would take him to court in "his country", but now we know little one is safe. My cousin speaks to him and she says he sounds happy, he's going to school, he misses us but at least in our hearts and conscious it's not maternal family who hurt the child. I send him gifts and will phone him. He must have adjusted by now without us, just hope and pray the paternal family gives him the love and care the maternal family gave to him. I'm sorry for the little guy, losing him mother and being taken away from us. Sweet child that he is, he cried so much for us.
The father also falsely accused someone in my family of something after he was fired from his job as a repercussion and a "suit" is pending against the father once he shows up. The case was completely dismissed against that family member. Falsely accusing someone is not a game.
Anyway thanks for asking.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">