• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quit claim with or without life estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

concerned3

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
CT
Thanks for taking my question:
Can a simple quit claim deed (without life estate clause) from parents to son ..filed 5 yrs ago.. be amended to include the life estate clause...in order to eliminate future capital gain taxes?

A

Anorman

concerned3 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
CT
Thanks for taking my question:
Can a simple quit claim deed (without life estate clause) from parents to son ..filed 5 yrs ago.. be amended to include the life estate clause...in order to eliminate future capital gain taxes?
Hi,
I found your post interesting...were you given an answer? Our mother gave us [7 siblings] a quit claim deed first without the life time estate...then less than a yr later, had it changed putting in the life time estate. She didn't know what she was doing. One of my sisters had her to do this...now this sister regrets this. My mother is in the nursing home now with dementia.We're stuck with house expenses, taxes, insurance etc. I don't see how our mother could legally do this. Us 7 siblings signed the first deed but not the 2nd, since we had no knowledge of this one until last yr when the nursing home began checking mom's business and financial affairs. We can't sell her home without giving the nursing home 1/3 of it's value...so they say. Do you have any answers and do you know someone that could help me? Thanks.
Anorman / TN.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">