• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removal of Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thegal

What is the name of your state? CA

I was wondering if there was a process for removing a power of attorney? A friend of mine has a senile mother that signed one of her mentally unstable sons power of attorney and I was hoping there was a process to remove him or at least have his mental stabillity brought into question, the mother has long been senile and he may be taking advantage of it. She has a revocable living trust.

tranquility

There is a process, but you will have to prove the person is incompetent (In a legal, ability to make a decision, way.) or has breached his fiduciary duty. However, you have many hurdles to overcome. The concept of standing is one. This makes the process long and difficult and an attorney will be required. You will give this attorney lots of money up front.

Dandy Don

The stable son may want to acquire guardianship which would give him financial control--talk to a family law attorney. The power of attorney is not a valid legal document since a person with diminished mental capacity is not considered sound enough to enter into any type of agreement. He can consult an attorney and get it squashed and also have the unstable brother produce an accounting, backed up with receipts for any monies he has withdrawn.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

boostm3

>>I was wondering if there was a process for removing a power of attorney<<

I dont know if this satisfies your need, but in my case, my Mother had POA authority for my father.. Last month, she resigned this POA to me, granting me the authority to sign for him. This was a voluntary resignation of POA.. I take it in your case, youre looking for a process to forcibly remove somebody's authority in this regard. something like a forced resignation, if such a thing exists.. I hope you find it..

P

Pat88998899

What is the name of your state? CA

I was wondering if there was a process for removing a power of attorney? A friend of mine has a senile mother that signed one of her mentally unstable sons power of attorney and I was hoping there was a process to remove him or at least have his mental stabillity brought into question, the mother has long been senile and he may be taking advantage of it. .
My mother is in a similar situation. My brother has POA, and my mother appears mentally ill most of the time because she won't eat the food that he insists she eat, so goes to bed hungry, and is up for hours in the night, gets to sleep early morning, and then is woken up out a sound sleep at 7 a.m. to have breakfast. Then she is a basket case all day. He has been having her sign over her savings to him and my sister. this has been going on for a few years, and now my brother and sister had my mother buy a house of theirs that would not sell.

I reported them to Elder Services. Can they get away with this, if they get her to say that she agreed to it. They can get her to agree to anything because she is so out of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">