• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer of assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

radgirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums here. I have a question regarding the transfer of assets. My mother owns her home. However, my grandmother's name is also on the deed. However, my mother is the only person on the loan. Is there a need for concern should my grandmother need to put into assisted living or a nursing home? Will the government/Medicaid come after their house since my mother is the primary on the home? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

seniorjudge

Q: Is there a need for concern should my grandmother need to put into assisted living or a nursing home? Will the government/Medicaid come after their house since my mother is the primary on the home?

A: The taxpayers can ask for up to the amount of that grandma owns if we are expected to take care of her. If, for example, the place is worth $100K and grandma owns half, then we get up to $50K.

Obviously, you need to check with Medicaid for the details.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">