• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle in me and father's name, mother going to nursing home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crazysweetguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV

My father's name is second on a vehicle that I own with my name first on a vehicle that I purchased and it stating "or" my father's name. His name had to be added to be on his insurance. My mother is getting admitted to a nursing home. Will they try to take that asset from me? Will I need to take my father's name off of the vehicle to prevent them from trying to take it from me or will they take it anyways even if I do that?

ecmst12

If you don't live with your parents, it's not appropriate for you to be on their insurance anyway. Take dad's name off and get your own insurance. Of course this may not protect the asset, but it's probably not worth much anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">