• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heather snow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado. In March my husband's siblings had a family meeting to discuss their mother and her situation. She is diabetic and very confused. The siblings all verbally agreed their mother would never be sent to a nursing home. As all of the siblings agreed what days of the week they would spend with her. She is not an invalid and walks with a walker, toilets herself, feeds herself and still takes care of her dog. The sister with POA has now decided to get rid of the dog and send her to a nursing home. My husband and his two other siblings are very distraught. Is the verbal contract legal? What can they do to stop this. Their mother has asked many times not to be sent to a nursing home. Please help

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado. In March my husband's siblings had a family meeting to discuss their mother and her situation. She is diabetic and very confused. The siblings all verbally agreed their mother would never be sent to a nursing home. As all of the siblings agreed what days of the week they would spend with her. She is not an invalid and walks with a walker, toilets herself, feeds herself and still takes care of her dog. The sister with POA has now decided to get rid of the dog and send her to a nursing home. My husband and his two other siblings are very distraught. Is the verbal contract legal? What can they do to stop this. Their mother has asked many times not to be sent to a nursing home. Please help
What they had was not a contract and was in no way binding.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your mother-in-law would have to revoke the POA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">