• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What a mess this is......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

plur420

What is the name of your state? California

California

Medicare mess- main question is if an attorney get's involved can they get this straightened out any quicker or do I need to do what Medicare is saying?

So my dad was passing out an expired insurance card through Blue Shield or Blue Cross - this was his insurance through Safeway / UFCW Union - they terminated his insurance on 11/05.

Medicare seems to think they are the secondary insurance carrier when they should be the primary since UFCW insurance has been cancelled since 11/05.

Medicare is requesting that I do a bunch of things to communicate with them since I am not his beneficiary (he did not have one) - after I send this over then they will either approve or deny for me to make changes to his account.

The reason I am worried about this is because there are bills stacking up from 11/05- 3/06 so there are a ton of bills that are not paid.

There is possibly another pension that we will be getting and I am worried that the collectors might take this since there are bills past due.
Additional Details
Just called UFCW for the letter I need from them stating insurance drop date to send to Medicare ----said I need to get power of attorney for them to release anything to me**************..how are u supposed to get this when someone is deceased, you cannot right ?
- I am sooo irritated right now!
We did not go to probate - I am his daughter and there was not a Will. I am listed as next of kin on the death certificate....
- I am now at a stand still and do not know what to do at this point…..

Help please ...

pojo2

You need to file for probate and have yourself appointed his Representative/Executor/ix. Then you can address these issues.

Who is the beneficiary on his pension plan? If he has one listed this passes directly to that person.

If you do not understand these processes then you need an Atty to assist you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">