• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

worried about father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rehabjack

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN:confused:my father age 59 just had a massive heart attack and his wife and my sister and i dont get along very well. my stepmother is telling everyone a different prognosis(bad) than what the doctors and nurses are telling me. he is on a ventlatior and sedated. i just wondered if my sister and i are being given acess to all the info that she is or are they telling her more?also my father said he would be puy on life support if needed, i just want to make sure she cannot take him off. thank you :confused::(:(:mad:and worried in TN

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN:confused:my father age 59 just had a massive heart attack and his wife and my sister and i dont get along very well. my stepmother is telling everyone a different prognosis(bad) than what the doctors and nurses are telling me. he is on a ventlatior and sedated. i just wondered if my sister and i are being given acess to all the info that she is or are they telling her more?:confused::(:(:mad:and worried in TN
Unless your father gives permission for medical staff to tell you anything regarding his medical condition, the doctors & nurses should not be telling you anything. IMO, as a courtesy, they might be providing you minimal info.

also my father said he would be puy on life support if needed, i just want to make sure she cannot take him off.
Does dad have an Advance Heath Care Directive? As long as he can competently convey medical decisions, he can do so.
thank you
You're welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">