• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandonment Legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Apriejoyc

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Texas

One week before my son was born, dad went on some road trip allegedly with another girl. He was arrested for driving with a suspended drivers license and released on bond. He called his dad and thats the only time he's called anyone. No one has heard anything more. Should I assume he's abandoning us? Isn't that a crime though?

I'm rather naiive in all this and have no idea what to think-I'm very confused, shocked, hurt, angry...if he has taken off, what can I do? What are the options? What does the law say?

Does my son's dad still have all his fatherly rights including visitation?

ellencee

Apriejoyc
Unless 'dad' is an environmental or toxic hazard and you wish to sue him for damages as such, then you need to post this in the family law section. (If you have posted in family law, delete your post in this section.)

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">