• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue my ex-girlfriend for lost wages, stalking and harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

After all the crazy screaming calls over the years and then banging my cousin, i beg to differ. The only reason I still even have access to the pictures is because my other cousin stole my hard drive a few years back and they're logged somewhere on his computer now.

Beg all you like.

You have no case here. Move on with your life.

(Otherwise you're likely going to be on the receiving end of a restraining order, or worse)

jremmy

If the business was so successful how come you didn't just move?

Why did you take her calls?

You are a total psycho. So long!
Hey I'm not perfect, I shouldn't have dated a woman ten years older than me in the first place, but I just wanted to leave the past in the past.

The business wasn't successful yet. It was just in a location that had a great built in clientele with very low rent. It was just so new that I couldn't make it yet.

And I took her calls because that's how these abusive situations always go. The abused always feed into it for a while until they finally learn their lesson.

Also, I'm looking for legal opinions, not your personal opinion. Please keep that to yourself.

quincy

I've had better. Was thinking maybe I should just print up some of the naked pictures I have of her and handing them to my cousin at the next family function... Come to think of it, Is that illegal?
Is handing naked photos of your ex to others illegal? It could result in a lawsuit being filed against you, yes. And, as Pro said, a restraining order. And you risk not being invited back to the next family function (if that matters to you).

While it doesn't appear from what you posted that you have any legal action to take against your ex or anyone else, you might want to consider seeing a therapist, to help you deal with the abuse you suffered in the past.

Last edited:

jremmy

Beg all you like.

You have no case here. Move on with your life.

(Otherwise you're likely going to be on the receiving end of a restraining order, or worse)
Yeah that's the most realistic option I'm looking at. The problem is I have to stay away from my family to stay away from my ex now... Which I'm thinking I want to do anyway after all of this.

jremmy

Is handing naked photos of your ex to others illegal? It could result in a lawsuit being filed against you, yes. And, as Pro said, a restraining order. And you risk not being invited back to the next family function (if that matters to you).
I'd be fine not being invited back if they are going to invite her there. Craziest girl I've ever dated. I know that says something about me too, but I'm just here to see what the situation is.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The situation is that nothing you have posted is grounds for a lawsuit.

ecmst12

All this happened 2 years ago. She's been dating your cousin for a year and a half and he hasn't figured out that she's crazy yet. That means either she's not as crazy as you think she is (or isn't anymore) or he's just as crazy as she is and they deserve each other. Either way, after 2 years? GET OVER IT. Seek therapy, because there is absolutely no reason for you to still be dwelling on this crap after this much time.

CdwJava

So, the outright harassment continued until September of 2011. She was dating my cousin by December of 2011, as far as I know... There was one time where I had to call the police, but it was a few years ago. She called me 20 or so times in one night and left all kinds of crazy messages... I do have witnesses for that event and for the event in September of 2011.
No court is going to issue a restraining order an an incident a year and a half old. And if you want to pay an attorney to sue her for that incident, you can try ... but, keep in mind that it might cost you about $10,000 to receive how much in compensation for being harassed? You won't even get your fees paid for IF the lawsuit would be allowed to go forward and IF you won!

swalsh411

You come across as a very weak excuse for a man. One who would resort to handing out nude pictures in order to get revenge. And that is my personal opinion not a legal one. :)

jremmy

You come across as a very weak excuse for a man. One who would resort to handing out nude pictures in order to get revenge. And that is my personal opinion not a legal one. :)
Excuse me for asking if my stalker suddenly showing up at my family parties is something I can take legal action on.

I don't think cyber bullying is something that should be on a legal forum.

jremmy

No court is going to issue a restraining order an an incident a year and a half old. And if you want to pay an attorney to sue her for that incident, you can try ... but, keep in mind that it might cost you about $10,000 to receive how much in compensation for being harassed? You won't even get your fees paid for IF the lawsuit would be allowed to go forward and IF you won!
Thank you for having actual helpful replies. Some on here are very unprofessional.

jremmy

No bullying here. Just because you didn't like the answer doesn't make it less true.
You don't think personal insults on a page about legal advice qualify as bullying? I'll remember that. Personal insults qualify as legal advice on this page. Noted.

Like you guys know my life. If I thought you were a good and reasonable enough person I'd tell you about how I'm not what that person said... But it's not going to do any good.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Thank you for having actual helpful replies. Some on here are very unprofessional.
The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting on the Forums or the identity or qualifications of any person asking questions or responding on the Forums. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">