• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the State Police enforce the law of illegal dumping when the town police would no

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramcourt24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT
It happened to me. I live in Connecticut. My neighbor installed above ground pool recently and he dumped all the dirt he dug out including large chunks of concrete into my property (between my 6 ft tall fence and the stone wall that border my property to his). My fence showed obvious signs of damage and in some area started caving in from the dirt that piled up against it. I complained to the town police. The officer assured me that he will take care of the complaint and that my neighbor have violated laws of illegal dumping and will even issue him a summon. The following day, the officer changed his tone and told me, that after talking to his boss. That he could do nothing about it. And claim that the dirt could be done by anybody else other than my neighbor. He also told me that he only investigate criminal matter not civil. So, what can I do other than try to sue my neighbor in court? My neighbor has ties in townWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">