• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exposure to Blood In Living area

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rialaigh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

This occured in my dorm

I go to a college in South Carolina and Saturday night a kid got hit over the head in the bathroom with a beer bottle, he bled everywhere as he was taken by EMS to the emergency room. There was lots of blood spatters in the bathroom, on the carpet leading the the stairwell, on the handle of the door to the stairwell (all over it) and on the railing going down the stairwell.

A sign was placed on the bathroom doors saying "do not enter due to saturday nights incedent" with a hazmat bag taped to the door. However nothing was done about the blood on the carpet, the door handles, or the stairway railings. It is now monday afternoon and the blood in the bathroom was cleaned up this morning but the blood on the door and in the stairwell is still there, college officials were well aware of this saturday night when the incedent happend and I am just curious as to the liability of the college for doing nothing about exposing up to hundreds of students to another students blood without warning and making no effort to clean it up in a timely manner..

- By the way I was not sure which section of the forum to place this in as I am new so I placed it here

Last edited:

Gail in Georgia

If your concern is exposure to infectious diseases, rest easy. Even assuming this blood contained an infectious disease, it is now dry and any virus/bacteria is long dead.

Gail

rialaigh

my concern is not getting sick.

My question is what liability does the college hold for this type of incident. Clearly you cannot accept money from students in return for a state compliant residence and then allow situations like this to occur. The school knows about the incident and has since it occured saturday night, but have done nothing to prevent exposure of students to quite a bit of blood in public places such as stairwells and on door handles.

CJane

Dude, I've been in dorms. Your biggest concern should not be the VISIBLE bodily fluids on various surfaces.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">