• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawn care without notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oksooner81

Company weed controls my lawn without prior notice and I have no contract with them.Simply put bill in mailbox after job was complete.My question is is it safe for my 15 month old son and my pet(boxer)?And can I do anything about it legally?

Some Random Guy

Don't let them play on the lawn for 24 hours. Call the company and tell them that you're not paying since you didn't order the service. Did you recently move into the house? Perhaps the previous owner had them scheduled to come out and neglected to tell them they were moving.

And can I do anything about it legally?
What do you want to do? Your lawn was weeded for you.

My question is it safe for my 15 month old son and my pet (boxer)?
Probably, particularly after a few days. Most legal pesticides are not very toxic and short lived. On top of that the things to worry about are mostly the result of long term chronic exposure.
And can I do anything about it legally?
I'm not a lawyer but I would bet you could put a stop to this, just tell them never to come back. I don't understand why people have lawns treated this way, I am happy with a little "diversity" in my lawn.

ecmst12

When you contact the company, ask them what chemicals were used and if they are safe. Look them up on your own too.

racer72

Most legal pesticides are not very toxic and short lived. On top of that the things to worry about are mostly the result of long term chronic exposure.
It was a lawn company, not a pest control company that sprayed the lawn. Most used herbicides to kill weeds.

tranquility

Did you know they were doing it when they were doing it? Was this a scam to try to get you to pay? Was it their mistake by going to the wrong address?

Can you fill us in on what you know about this a bit more?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">